B.A. ECO (SPL.), PUNE UNIVERSITY, PUNE
MBA SYMBIOSIS CENTRE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING, PUNE
Rohit has about 24 years’ work experience in dealing with institutional customers (Government & similar entities). He has worked as a vendor and with vendors to the Indian Armed Forces, and other ministries of the Government of India. As part of teams with proven track record of working on projects in excess of US$ 200 million, he has a unique insight in to the requirements of the vendors as well as of the customer along with their constraints.
On the maritime side he has worked with ship builders, ship managers, funds and shipping brokers with emphasis on offshore and hydrocarbons’ sectors. He has a fairly comprehensive experience of the shipping sector as such and understands their perspective and needs.
He is now pursuing law and intends to synergize his line experience with his legal education to guide clients in a more comprehensive manner.
Some of the notable assignments Rohit has handled are :
- One of the first to introduce the concept of integrated high-tech electronic security in India;
- High-tech security solutions for high security installations & assets;
- Project to introduce high mobility vehicles into the Indian Armed Forces;
- Tender for manufacturing of cadet training ships for the Indian Navy;
- Tenders for acquisition of specialized naval vessels;
- Tender for fabricating launching pontoon for submarines for Mazagaon Docks Ltd.;
- Tender for fabricating fisheries vessel for Goa Shipyard Ltd.;
- Tenders for hiring of various types of vessels and assets by ONGC (and similar entities) for their projects;
- Sale & purchase of maritime assets, Demolition sale of maritime assets;
- Technical management of maritime assets;Chartering & hiring of maritime assets.
Major areas of work at TvT :
- Specialist Contracting – Maritime | Offshore Oil & Gas Exploration | Defence Production | Commodities Trade;
- Procurement – Government Procurement in India | Defence Procurement Strategies | Make in India – Offsets & Exports | Contract Management & Dispute Resolution;
- Start-Ups –Regulatory | Business Advisory under Make in India and Start Up India;
- International Business –Regulatory | Business Advisory for setup of Business in India from a foreign entity;